June 06, 2006

Beware of Rogue Veterinarians

This is why it's important to know your neighbors.

MUSKOGEE, Okla. - A woman has filed a complaint against her neighbor, a veterinarian who, without permission, neutered her 10-week-old puppy and surgically quieted his bark.

James Risch, the veterinarian, said he performed the procedures after he found the puppy barking on his porch and thought it was a stray.

"He maimed my puppy," Nancy Miller wrote in the complaint to the Oklahoma State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners. "This man is a menace to animals and should not be allowed to continue to practice."


Poor dog. The rogue vet went on to apologize for his "impulsive behavior"...more like unacceptable behavior to me. Thankfully Mommy and Daddy are here to protect me from crazy neighbor people.

6 comments:

Ellie said...

Cairo you're right! It's a good thing we have good mommies to watch out for crazy people! Can you imagine what that poor dog went through? He's only a week older than me!! :(

IndyPindy said...

Whoa! Ten weeks old is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too young to be neutered!

And WHAT THE HECK is up with "surgically quieting his bark"? He DE-BARKED this TEN WEEK OLD PUPPY???

WHAT A JERK! They should revoke his license?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What kind of Vet neuters a puppy at that age.
Why was the puppy wandering outside alone without the protection of its mommie!
The pupppy must have been missing at least overnight...

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Everything Indypindy said!

The Dachsies

Deanna said...

Not to excuse the evil vet, but why is a tiny puppy left all alone?

We got a new vet after our moms found out the old vet was abusing the dogs in the back. Lucky for us our moms always insist on staying with us at the vet!

X said...

My dear Cairo, in the world are many crazy people ¿Are you agree?

Regarding to my penguins note:

You are the dog more intelligent of América (North América, I say). Thank you for your words. In my country many people thinks: The education is very important, but for a few people only. Many people don`t have money for to pay to school, a good school I say. But I hope this situation change. Only this way the country will thrive.

I send you a lot of kisses.

PD. You know, my english is very bad, but I can practice whit you.