January 22, 2007

I Need To Learn Dutch

...because if they don't sell this canine beer in the United States then I'm moving to the Netherlands!



Benito, a 5-year-old Chihuahua, drinks beer from a bowl in the southern town of Hulst, Netherlands, Sunday Jan. 21, 2007. Terrie Berenden, a pet shop owner in the town of Zelhem created a non-alcoholic beer for her Weimaraner dog made from beef extract and malt, and consigned a local brewery to make and bottle the beer, called Kwispelbier, after the word 'kwispel', which is Dutch for wagging a tail. (AP Photo/Albert Seghers)



Daddy never let's me drink alcohol. Now with this non-alcoholic brew on the market, I'll be able to enjoy my favorite beverage!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blogged about this too! I've only ever had beer when we all went to Opy's house in Australia for the Howl-o-ween party. Mom says it's all in my head. What she doesn't know won't hurt her!

Anonymous said...

You Dont have to move to the Netherlands Cairo to have some brewskies.
They Sell Happy Tail Ale here in the US!
http://www.beerfordogs.com/

Apparently they sell it at Three Dog Bakery in Newport Beach.
http://www.threedog.com/

Deanna said...

It's a slippery slope! Don't start on the doggy beer! Who knows what it will lead to.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... don't know if I would like doggie beer... I know Miss Sunshade wouldn't like it because the bubbles would attack her tongue... I definitely don't wan't a dog-beer-belly!

*ponders what it would taste like*

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Peanut said...

Oh I am going to have mom look into that. I love Heiniken. When we lived in Germany there was a park where all the humans would drop their beer bottles (not a good thing) and mom would take me over there to play and clean the bottles up and I would always try to get the Heiniken bottles.

Ellie said...

Cairo,

My Mommy works for a dutch culinary speciatly franchise (that has a store in little ole Missoula, MT). She will have to ask the owners about this (they used to live there). Mommy says she'll see what she can do. Her store doesn't sell stuff like that, but maybe she can find out how to get it to the US. ;) Of course, would beer ruin our fabulous girlie figures?

Nubbily Wiggles,
Ellie the Boxer

Anonymous said...

I expect your next photo op will show you slumped on the couch with the remote in one paw and a beer in another, a bowl of chips and a stack of Dog Fancy magazines beside you. :)

Jennifer said...

Dog beer?? What will they think of next??

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Bring it on.

Guinness. Coopers Pale Ale. Corona.

I'm multicultural in my beery tastes.

Chow (hic) for now,

Tin Tin xo

Bella the Boxer said...

I actually prefer drinks with tiny little umbrellas...

xoxo - Bella